Pistachio Cake Recipe
I know this recipe has a lot of ingredients, but believe me when I say, it's worth the effort. It's a dense cake and really moist. Once you try it, you will never look for any other Pistachio recipe!
- 1 (18 oz) box of white cake mix
- 1 cup of cake flour
- 1/2 cup of white granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking power
- 1 envelope dry pistachio pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon of grind cardamom.
- 1 teaspoon of salt (*If using salted pistachios omit salt).
*Sift dry ingredients twice and set aside.
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 stick of butter (at room temp.)
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 1/3 cup of cream cheese at room temp.
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
*Cream these ingredients in the mixer for about 3 mins. or until completely blended together.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Lorann Pistachio Oil Flavor
*Add these ingredients to mixer until blended with the other ingredients.
- 1/2 cup of vanilla caramel coffee creamer
- 1/2 cup of caramel ice cream topping
- 3/4 cup of buttermilk
*Mix together all liquids and alternate with dry ingredients into the mixer.
1 cup of chopped pistachios (*don’t forget the pistachios –add them to the mix at the very end)
Cook at 325 degrees. The amount of cooking time will vary accordingly to the size of the pan. The batter will fit 2 round pans of 8 by 3.
About the Filling
I used Bettercream non dairy whipped cream for the filling in this recipe. I added some drops of Lorann Pistachio Oil and some crushed Pistachios. You can even use some pistachio pudding or use your regular whipped mousse. Another choice would be Bavarian Creme with some Lorann Pistachio oil added to it.
Choose what works for you.